For people who pride themselves on their professional appearance, a beautiful smile can truly make all the difference in how others perceive you. Of course, many of us aren’t born with a naturally flawless set of teeth. You can always undergo cosmetic and restorative treatment to correct issues, but what if you’re suffering from several of them? Multiple procedures could take multiple time-consuming appointments, not to mention a good deal of money. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to just start over with a rejuvenated smile and save yourself some of the effort while still reaping the dazzling benefits? Porcelain veneers from Bloomfield Dental Center could be the answer you’re looking for! With this cosmetic treatment from Cerritos dentist Dr. Ihaab Guerguis, you can have your teeth transformed quickly and effectively.
- Patient presented to our office, Bloomfield Dental Center with; Spacing & Discoloration of the 6 Front teeth (Anterior Incisors #6,#7,#8,#9,#10 & #11). After examination of the teeth Clinically, the Radiographic X-Rays & the Intra-Oral Photographs. A consultation was done with the patient, explaining the teeth condition and the treatments of choice, which include;
- Option 1: Ortho Treatment (having Braces) to close the space and then Teeth Whitening after completion of Ortho treatment.
- Option 2: Placement of 6 Porcelain Veneers.
- Patient was given time to decide on which option would be patient’s choice. On the next visit, patient decided to go for the 2nd Option; Porcelain Veneers.
- Teeth were minimally reduced, impression taken & sent to the Lad for fabrication of the 6 Porcelain Veneers. The following visit, the 6 Porcelain Veneers were cemented on the 6 Anterior teeth with a bonding, Light Cured cement. Then the Veneers are finished & polished. The final product is the After Picture.
- Porcelain Veneers; are replica of Ideal Natural Teeth.
- Patient presented to Bloomfield Dental Center seeking treatment for his 2 Front teeth (Central Incisors #8 & #9). After examining the teeth Clinically, reviewing the X-Rays & Intra-oral Photographs, both teeth revealed; Attrition (wearing off of the enamel surface) & Teeth Chipping due to teeth thinning as a result of attrition. Patient was informed about the teeth condition and the treatment of choice; which is Porcelain Veneers.
- Porcelain Veneers; are porcelain facings (they are not crowns) mainly performed on Anterior teeth and they are more conservative (less tooth reduction) than Crowns.
- We minimally reduce the front surface(Facial), the Incisal 1/3 of the inside surface (Lingual) & minimally shorten the tooth, then an impression is taken and sent to the Lab for fabrication of the Porcelain Veneer. In most cases, there is no need to place provessionals due to minimum reduction. Another appointment is reserved for the patient, to place the Porcelain Veneers. The Veneers are cemented on the teeth by a bonding cement, then finished & polished. The Veneers are replica of Ideal Natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers are life-like, wafer-thin shells of dental porcelain that are created specifically for each individual patient. When undergoing the procedure, you’ll first meet with Dr. Guerguis so that he can evaluate your dental health and discuss your unique needs and desires concerning the look of your new veneers with you. With porcelain veneers, you can not only hide imperfections and damage, but alter the length and look of your teeth as well! We’ll also need to remove a tiny bit of enamel in order to ensure that they’ll fit properly in place. Then, we’ll send the information off to a trusted dental lab. Following that, all that’s left is for you to return to our office once we receive your new veneers to have them placed. We’ll make any necessary adjustments at that time as well. You’ll be able to leave our office with a brand new look that’s simply dazzling!
There are several benefits to choosing porcelain veneers. The material they’re made from is simultaneously beautiful and strong, giving you a natural appearance without sacrificing the strength of your original teeth in the process. Plus, you can care for them in just the same way. In fact, veneers have been shown to be more stain-resistant!
To Cerritos dentist Dr. Guerguis, you’re not just a number or a paycheck – you’re a valued and respected member of our oral healthcare family, and we’ll always give you the time and quality attention you deserve. Contact Bloomfield Dental Center today if you have any questions about porcelain veneers, or if you’re ready to go ahead and schedule an appointment. We also serve Cerritos, Artesia, La Palma, Buena Park, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, Norwalk, Cypress and all surrounding cities.