Losing one or more teeth doesn’t just hurt your oral health – it can damage your self-confidence as well. Some people even become depressed, unwilling to even get out of bed in the morning, much less interact meaningfully with their friends and coworkers. Here at Bloomfield Dental Center, we understand how difficult it can be to deal with this issue, which is why we want to assure you that the last thing you’ll find at our Cerritos practice is judgment or embarrassment. Instead, we’ll provide a supportive environment where you have a variety of tooth replacement options to choose from that can all restore health and happiness to your smile, and dental implants are at the top of the list! This revolutionary restorative procedure is the closest we can get to turning back the clock and restoring what was lost. Before you know it, you’ll be admiring your smile again in the mirror!
- This is a case of a 50 year old, that needed to replace a broken bridge in 2010, after careful evaluation and examination, it was determined that the bridge will be removed and replaced by two implants.
- The implants were placed, a ridge augmentation procedure was done, patient was given written post operative instructions and she left in good condition and spirit.
- After 3 months, the implants were exposed, abutments were placed and new Zarconia crowns made, Patient kept coming back for routine hygiene, she is still till today enjoying her new front teeth.
- Patient came in with pain, discomfort, swelling and gingivitis around 18,19,20 and 21, after careful evaluation , a CBCT scan was ordered, patient then came back for surgery, the failed endo on 18,19, failed bridge and #20 were all surgically removed, mineralized cortical Allograft mixed with local antibiotics was placed for ultimate healing.
- The patient came back in 3 months and two ankylos implants were placed.
- After 3 months implants were exposed, healing abutments placed followed by permanent abutments and impression for a Zarconia bridge. bridge was then cemented, and patient was very happy.
- Patient had tooth #5 extracted due to failed endo, mineralized cortical allograft with Implant was placed immediately, After 4 months when healing was completed, an abutment was placed and impression was taken, two weeks later a zirconia crown was cemented and patient was very happy.
- Patient came in with severe swelling and pain on 18 and 19, after careful examination it was determined that 19 is fractured and 18 have severe and advanced periodontitis.
- The decision was made to surgically extract both teeth, clean irrigate, medicate the sockets and augment the ridge with mineralized allograft 8o% cortical and 20% cancellous. CBCT scan was ordered, and surgery was successfully completed.
- Three months after healing, two Ankylos implants were placed and covered by a healing caps.
- Patient came back in 3 months for abutment placements, impressions were taken, and two weeks later, porcelain fused to gold crowns were cemented on.
How do dental implants work?
Unlike more traditional tooth replacement solutions, which only sit atop the gums and replace the crown of the tooth, dental implants mimic its entire structure all the way down to the root, thanks to a small, titanium post that it placed in the empty socket. This is an important distinction, as jawbone deterioration is a serious problem that can negatively affect your oral health and your appearance once teeth have been lost. Instead, dental implants keep the area whole and healthy, and that’s just the first of many benefits they provide.
There are two major stages to the dental implants process: a surgical procedure and the placement of a restoration. While most dental practices have to send their patients to surgery centers or outside specialists for the first part of treatment, Dr. Ihaab Guerguis offers the services of Dr. Diaa Fahmy, an onsite implantologist, who will expertly place the biocompatible post into the open space within your mouth right here at Bloomfield Dental Center. We’re committed to simplifying even the most complex treatments so that our patients can always experience the convenience and high level of care they’re accustomed to with us.
Then, once an appropriate amount of time has passed for the area to heal, you’ll return to our office so that we can place a beautiful, customized restoration atop it. Then, you’re done! Dental implants are a sturdy, long-lasting, and beautiful choice for tooth replacement. In fact, you may forget it’s not your natural tooth altogether!
Don’t let tooth loss keep you from sharing your full enthusiasm in both your professional and personal life. Instead, enjoy a smile that’s whole and beautiful again with personalized care from Bloomfield Dental Center. Cerritos dentist Dr. Guerguis loves nothing more than sending patients off with a smile to be proud of. Contact us to schedule an appointment! We also serve Cerritos, Artesia, La Palma, Buena Park, Los Alamitos, Long Beach, Norwalk, Cypress and all surrounding cities.