Smile Away – It’s a World Smile Day 😊
History of World Smile Day:
- Every year on the first Friday of October, the world celebrates World Smile Day. The possibility of World Smile Day was authored and started by Harvey Ball who was a graphic artist and business craftsman from Worcester in Massachusetts. He is known to have made the Smiley Face in the year 1963. Harvey Ball dies in 2001, but the power of the smile continues thanks in large part because of his dream.The celebration aspects of the day were simple yet effective: people were to use the day to smile and make small acts of kindness worldwide. Harvey wanted to keep the smile connected to the human being. By doing so, you’d smile and in return, you’d make someone else smile and brighten up their day.
- “1963”: The commercial artist Harvey Ball creates a smiley face.
- “1970s”: The smiley face is used in cartoons, comics, and political movements.
- “1990”: The popularity of the smiley face emoji increases with the expansion of the internet and its use as an emoji.
- “1999”: World Smile Day becomes an official holiday to inspire acts of kindness.
This holiday is the perfect time of the year for people to perform acts of kindness for their friends, family, and coworkers. It is an opportunity for participants to put a smile on the face of their fellow man and do their part to make the world a better place.
Some Tips to Get a Beautiful Smile:
Your smile is usually one of the first things that people notice about you. Some people are born with naturally beautiful teeth, but a healthy smile isn’t something that is achieved overnight for most people. It takes a lifetime to maintain a beautiful healthy smile.
The following tips for a beautiful smile are some simple things you can do:
- Brush & Floss Your Teeth Twice a Day: The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes with a soft-bristled brush and flossing daily in between teeth to keep plaque at bay.
- Cleaning your tongue with a tongue scraper or toothbrush: Can help to remove bad breath caused by bacteria and food debris on your tongue.
- Rinse with mouthwash: Mouthwash does more than make your breath smell fresh. It also protects your teeth and gums by killing bacteria that can lead to gum disease. Rinse at least once a day for 30 – 60 seconds for optimal results.
- Eat healthy: While sugary treats are great occasionally, eating too many can lead to cavities and tooth decay. Focus on eating healthy fruits and vegetables as often as possible to promote healthy teeth and gums. When you do eat or drink a sweet treat, brush immediately after to remove excess sugar.
- Limit your coffee, tea, and red wine: Those Drinks are known for staining teeth. Like smoking, these drinks can build up a superficial stain that your dentist or hygienist can polish off. Drinking through a straw can help reduce the strain on your teeth and may help reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Form good habits: It can take some time before you start to notice changes from whitening or improved oral hygiene. But it will be both for the sake of your smile and your overall health.
Regular Ways to Improve Your Smile:
If you’d like to get that wonderful smile of yours in better shape, here are some ideas:
- Clean your teeth professionally: In Bloomfield Dental Center, we will make sure that you’ll get the best Teeth Cleaning, your teeth cleaned is one of the best things you can do to prevent dental disease. Dental plaque makes your teeth look dull and dingy and can lead to gum disease and cavities. A professional cleaning to rid your teeth of any built-up plaque and tartar (hardened plaque) with a follow-up polish can help your teeth look great!
- Brighten up your smile: You can turn up the brightness volume on your teeth with a tooth whitening application. There are whitening products you can buy over the counter, but for best results see one of our professional Dentists in Bloomfield Dental Center for a Professional Teeth Whitening. Dentists can better control the degree of brightness and their professional-grade solutions often last longer.
- Upgrade your teeth’s appearance: You may have a great-looking smile—except for that chip, discoloration, or slight gap between a couple of teeth. There are several ways, many quite affordable, to improve your Teeth’ appearance. In Bloomfield Dental Center, our specialist Dentists can bond the color-matched composite resin to your teeth to “fill in” chips or other blemishes. And a Veneer, a thin layer of porcelain bonded to the face of a tooth, can mask mild to moderate dental blemishes.
- Visit us regularly: Something as simple as going to your dentist twice a year is one of the easiest things you can do to improve your smile. Aside from checking for cavities and oral diseases, and doing routine cleaning, our Dentists can also provide other options for making your smile even brighter.
Technical Ways to Improve Your Smile:
- Braces: While Orthodontic work that begins while a child is growing helps produce optimal results, that doesn’t mean that adults can’t have Braces. Thanks to advances in orthodontic treatments, metal brackets are not your only option. Removable aligners, or “invisible braces,” or clear plastic brackets can all be used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth.
- Crowns & Bridges: Crowns and Bridges is a good way to cover teeth that are discolored or badly shaped. A crown can make your tooth stronger and improve its appearance. Crowns can also be used to attach bridges, protect a weak tooth from breaking or restore one that’s already broken.
- Implants: Dental Implants are a popular and effective way to replace missing teeth. Surgically placed in the upper or lower jaw, they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth. Made of titanium and other materials, implants are designed to hold restorations like crowns or bridges that blend in with your other teeth and are a long-term option for restoring your smile.
- Ask Our Dentist for Dental Hygiene Tips: We hope these Dental Hygiene tips will enable you to flash a healthy smile.
Activities We Can Do It in This Day:
On World Smile Day, people worldwide are encouraged to do an act of kindness and make one-person smile. Each year the Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation holds special events on World Smile Day. The day is wildly popular in Worcester, MA, the birthplace of the yellow smiley face.
Through the years, the foundation hosted numerous unique events including, the world’s largest human Smiley face, balloon releases, choral performances, sidewalk chalk activities, college concerts, circus performers, and pie-eating contests.
If you don’t live in Worcester, you can organize your own World Smile Day event. You can celebrate the day in other ways, too.
- Make people around you smile.
- Do a random act of kindness. Compliment someone. Give your seat up to someone on the bus.
- Surprise someone in your family with a visit, cook a meal for them, or do something special for them.
- Volunteer your time and/ or money at a local nonprofit organization.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone.
- Use a smiley face emoji on every text you send.
- Spread cheer by handing out smiley face stickers.
- Give a smile to everyone you come across.
- Tell someone a funny joke.
- Play happy songs like “Happy” by Pharrell Williams or “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin.
- Take a selfie of your own smile and share it on social media with #WorldSmileDay. And whatever you do, have a nice day!
Some Quotes for the World Smile Day:
A lot of people talk about this day; however, we’ll mention some Quotes just for example:
- Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life. – Yoko Ono
- Beauty is power; a smile is its sword. – John Ray
- I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I’d see. – Dick Cheney
- People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile. – Lee Mildon
- Show me a smile, and I’ll show you one back. – Vanilla Ice
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. – Mother Theresa
- I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man. – LeBron James
- I’ve got nothing to do today but smile. – Paul Simon
- Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available. – Jim Beggs.
- Nothing beats a great smile. – Karl Urban
- Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you. – Les Brown
- If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it. – Andy Rooney
- A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. – Phyllis Diller
- A smile is a happiness you’ll find right under your nose. – Tom Wilson
- Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. – Christie Brinkley
- Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. – Paramahamsa Yogananda
Nothing you wear is more important than your smile. – Connie Stevens
In conclusion, Smile, it’s the key that fits the lock on everyone’s hearts and makes everything easier. Wish you a very happy World Smile Day!
In the meantime, talk to us about how you can perk up your smile. An attractive smile is much easier to share with the world.
If you need help improving your dental care to get the smile that you want, do not hesitate to contact Bloomfield Dental Center!
Our dental hygiene team has a variety of services that will help ensure that you have a healthy smile this October.
You Can Contact Us or Call Us at +1(562)-926-6502 To Make an Appointment at any time!